2018 Honda Odyssey
The All-New 2018 Honda Odyssey
Learn More View Honda Odyssey Brochure
All-New 2018 Honda Odyssey Minivan Makes World Debut at 2017 NAIAS.
Takes Family-Friendly Design, Performance and Technology to the Next Level
- Advanced connectivity and entertainment with new Display Audio, CabinWatch, CabinTalk & streaming video with 4G LTE Wi-Fi
- New CabinControl app enables smartphone control of key vehicle systems, audio and rear entertainment feature
- New Magic Slide™ second-row seat provides the ultimate in family-friendly versatility and comfort
- New 10-speed transmission joins DI V-6 engine in powertrain lineup
DETROIT, (January 9, 2017) – Honda today took the wraps off a sleek, sophisticated and innovative new 2018 Odyssey minivan, launching at dealerships nationwide this spring. The next-generation Odyssey brings a host of new features and technologies for 2018, including a uniquely versatile new Magic Slide™ second-row seat; new CabinWatch and CabinTalk technologies; new Display Audio touchscreen with Honda-developed OS; 4G LTE Wi-Fi connectivity; new Rear Entertainment System with streaming video; and Honda Sensing™ safety and driver-assistive technologies standard on all trims.
Sophisticated and Family-Friendly Design
The Odyssey’s sophisticated and modern new styling adopts Honda’s signature flying wing front grille flanked by available LED front headlights. The bold and sporty front fascia also conceals a new Active Shutter Grille for improved fuel efficiency when cruising. The Odyssey’s signature lightning bolt beltline now provides an even more elegant design element with the sliding door tracks hidden in the lower portion of the rear quarter windows. At the rear there are LED taillights and an available new hands-free power tailgate with foot activation. Inside, the new Odyssey features high-grade materials including a soft-touch instrument panel. The driver’s meter features a new 7-inch, full-color TFT display, and in the center of the dash there is a 8-inch high-resolution Display Audio touchscreen interface. In upper grades, stain-resistant leather first- and second-row seating surfaces and door trim and black carpeting and black seatbelts are designed to conceal stains, while a new grooveless tambour lid on the spacious and versatile center console resists the accumulation of crumbs and debris.
In-vehicle connectivity is taken to a whole new “family connectivity” concept. Old-fashioned family connectivity – sometimes called a conversation – is made easier than ever with the quietest cabin in the class, and is augmented with a multitude of new connected-vehicle features and technologies, including:
- New Display Audio – featuring a new Honda-developed operating system, more intuitive menus and customizable app tiles, this 8-inch high-resolution (720P) touchscreen interface serves as the nerve center for a multitude of new audio and telematics options, including Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ compatibility, and adds a physical volume knob for improved usability.
- System updates – users can download available updates to the Display Audio operating system and rear entertainment system at their convenience via 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, or USB.
- CabinWatch – using a camera, CabinWatch lets the driver and front passenger keep tabs on passengers both day and night via the 8-inch Display Audio screen.
- CabinTalk – enables the driver to talk to second - and third-row passengers though the second-and third-row speakers and rear entertainment system headphones.
- Connected Rear Entertainment System – second- and third-row passengers can enjoy streaming video on the ceiling-mounted, 10.2-inch WSVGA Rear Entertainment System through the available in-vehicle 4G LTE Wi-Fi, public Wi-Fi or user’s cellphone data plan. A new “How Much Farther?” app lets passengers track the family’s trip progress.
- CabinControl – using a downloadable app, users can use a smart phone to control the rear entertainment system, rear cabin heat and air conditioning, and send destinations to the embedded Honda navigation system.
- Social Play List – part of CabinControl, Social Playlist operates like a virtual jukebox, allowing up to eight family members to upload their music choices to the audio system via their smartphones.
Cabin quietness is enabled by new features and technologies including triple door seals, available acoustic front and side glass, and increased use of sound deadening materials under the floor, in the engine compartment and under the fenders, along with standard Active Sound Control technology.
New Magic Slide™ seats
A major innovation to family-friendly cabin seating flexibility is the Odyssey’s new Magic Slide™ second-row seat, easily reconfigurable for optimal passenger comfort, people- and cargo-hauling flexibility, and easy access to third-row seating – even when one or two rear-facing child seats are placed in the second row. Use modes include:
- Easy Access mode – with the center seat removed, the outboard seats slide laterally through five selectable positions, allowing for easy access to the third row even with one or two rear-facing child seats installed in the second row. And with the center-most seat slid forward, a child is put within easy reach of the front seat occupants.
- Super mode – like Easy Access mode but with the driver’s side seat set to walk-in position (slid full forward with the seatback tilted) for maximum access to the third row.
- Wide mode – with the center seat removed and two outboard seats in their outer most positions, providing a wide center walkthrough to the third row (and no more “Dad, he’s bothering me again!”).
- Buddy mode – with the center seat removed and two outboard seats abutting one another in the center of the vehicle, putting two people in close proximity and within easier reach of the front seat occupants.
Safety for the Family
All 2018 Odysseys will feature the Honda Sensing™ suite of advanced safety and driver-assistive technologies as standard equipment, including Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS™), Lane Keeping Assist (LKAS), Road Departure Mitigation (RDM) and Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC). Combined with the Odyssey’s next-generation Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure and advanced airbags, including new driver and front passenger knee airbags, the Odyssey targets the highest available safety ratings – an NCAP 5-star Overall Vehicle Score and an IIHS TOP SAFETY PICK+ rating.
Additional Features and Technologies
Additional new standard and available features include LED headlights, heated and ventilated front seats, heated side mirrors and steering wheel, auto high-beam headlights, rain-sensing wipers, Lane watch, blind spot information, front and rear parking sensors, Rear Cross Traffic Monitor, Electric Parking Brake with Brake Hold, three-zone automatic climate control, wireless device charging, multi-zone audio, Sirius 2.0, HD Radio™, and HondaVac® in-vehicle vacuum.
Advanced new powertrains, body and chassis
The 2018 Honda Odyssey will be powered by a 3.5-liter, direct-injected i-VTEC™ V-6 engine with Variable Cylinder Management™ (VCM™). Peak engine output is 280 SAE net horsepower (+32 HP) and benefits from the advanced capabilities of its two available new transmissions – a 9-speed automatic and, for the Touring trim an all-new, Honda-developed 10-speed automatic, the first of its kind in a minivan, providing more confident and refined performance.
These advanced new powertrains, together with a more rigid and lightweight body, new chassis technology, and Odyssey’s sleek and aerodynamic new design are expected to result in class-leading performance and top-in-class nrCAN fuel economy ratings. Honda’s Intelligent Traction Management system adds normal and snow modes and combines with Agile Handling Assist and a more powerful braking system for improved all-weather traction and control.
Advanced new body and chassis
An all-new body and chassis design underpins the new Odyssey’s incredibly quiet cabin and class-leading steering precision, handling prowess and ride comfort. The Odyssey body utilizes advanced materials, including ultra-high-strength steel, aluminum and magnesium to simultaneously minimize weight and improve body rigidity. Vehicle weight is down by up to 96 pounds, depending on trim, and torsional body rigidity is up 44 percent from the outgoing model.
New chassis features include a highly-responsive new Dual-Pinion Electric Power Steering (EPS) with .44 fewer turns lock-to-lock for increased response and easy maneuverability; and a compact new trailing arm rear suspension with stabilizer bar that not only enables improved handling and ride comfort, but also provides for the most spacious rear cargo area in the class.
Design, Development and Manufacturing
The all-new 2018 Honda Odyssey was designed and developed by Honda R&D in North America. The Odyssey and its 3.5-liter i-VTEC V6 engine will be manufactured exclusively at the company’s Lincoln, Alabama plant using domestic and globally sourced parts. The new 10-speed transmission will be produced at the company’s transmission plant in Tallapoosa, Georgia. The 2018 Odyssey is the second generation Odyssey to be designed and developed in North America and the fourth generation to be manufactured exclusively in North America.
View Our "How To" Videos Down Below.
Step inside the 2018 Honda Odyssey EX
Get to know the Honda Odyssey through the eyes of its youngest passengers. Watch Lily as she helps walk us through all the incredible features available in the 2018 Honda Odyssey EX Trim level.
Centre Console Box/Rear Console
The 2018 Honda Odyssey has a Centre Console Box and Folding Rear Console Box with many convenience and connectivity features.
Accessing Spare Tire
On the 2018 Honda Odyssey, the spare tire is located under the second row seating floor.
HondaVAC is a convenient vacuum system cleverly hidden in your vehicle to help ensure that messy seats and floors are a thing of the past.
Rear Entertainment System
"One of the challenges of driving with family on long or even short trips, is trying to accommodate everyone’s taste in entertainment.
The Honda Odyssey Rear Entertainment System is the perfect solution – allowing driver and passengers different choices, simultaneously."
CabinWatch & CabinTalk
"CabinTalk is a high-tech intercom that enables the driver to talk to passengers. The system is accessed through the display Audio, where you simply push the CabinTalk icon to turn the Hands-Free Microphone on.CabinWatch allows the driver and front passenger to monitor backseat passengers through a ceiling-mounted camera. "
Multiple Power Connections
The 2018 Honda Odyssey offers passengers multiple available options for connectivity including 12 Volt power outlets, an AC 115 Volt plug, 2.5-amp USB ports, Auxiliary Audio Input Jack and HDMI input ports.
Removing 2nd Row Seats
Honda’s Innovative new Magic Slide allows you to adjust your second row passenger seats based on your needs.
Adjusting 2nd Row Seats and Access to 3rd Row
Honda’s Innovative new Magic Slide allows you to adjust your second row passenger seats based on your needs.
Storing the Third Row Magic Seats
When you need more room for storage, Honda Odyssey has you covered. In one easy motion you can store the 3rd row seats into the floor.
Pairing Bluetooth with an iPhone
Connecting an iPhone through the Honda Odyssey’s Bluetooth function is simple and fast.
How to Connect to CabinControl™ with an iPhone
CabinControl™ gives rear-seat passengers the freedom to control audio, rear entertainment and climate features by turning their iPhone into a remote control. Up to seven compatible devices can be connected simultaneously to the vehicle.
Pairing Bluetooth with an Android Phone
Connecting an Android Smartphone through the Honda Odyssey’s Bluetooth function is simple and fast.
How to Connect to CabinControl™ with an Android Phone
CabinControl™ gives rear-seat passengers the freedom to control audio, rear entertainment and climate features by turning their Android Phone into a remote control. Up to seven compatible devices can be connected simultaneously to the vehicle.
How to Connect to an External Wi-Fi
With a Wi-Fi connection you can stream movies, music and more using the apps available on the rear entertainment system.
How to use the Embedded Rear Entertainment System App
With the vehicle connected to a mobile Wi-Fi hotspot or using the built-in AT&T Hotspot connection with data plan, you can stream movies, music and more using any of the built-in apps available in the rear entertainment system.
How to use the CabinControl™ App
Via your smartphone, control the temperature, entertainment and navigation at the touch of your finger.
How to use the Built-in AT&T Wi-Fi Hotspot
You can turn your vehicle into a mobile Wi-Fi hotspot allowing passengers to connect with a compatible device.
How to Update the Display Audio Wirelessly
Receiving and downloading updates to the Odyssey’s Display Audio and advanced rear entertainment system can now be done wirelessly or through USB drive.